Today, LitNuts is shining a spotlight on From Promising to Published: A Multi-Genre, Insider’s Guide to the Publication Process by Melanie Faith, a great book for anybody who is interested in publishing their work or knowing more about the publication process.
New Release - May 24, 2022!
From Promising to Published: A Multi-Genre, Insider’s Guide to the Publication Process
You’ve been writing and honing your craft for months or years and are curious about seeking publication for your latest project. Perhaps you wonder about the next steps in the process. Look no further!
This book has a little something for every writer interested in expanding their audience and sharing their writing with readers, from pre-writing and writing your drafts to choosing your market and the writing life before, during, and after publication.
Topics covered include:
- The Lovely Littles: Breaking into Literary Magazines
- The Spinning Spider: Keeping Track of your Brainchildren
- Options, You’ve Got ’em: Traditional, Indie/Small, University Press, or Self-Publishing
- Two Streams with One Stone: To Simultaneously Submit or Not
- Monetize it! Part One: All about the Benjamins; Monetize it! Part Two: Risk and a Swimming Metaphor
- The Myth of the Fancy-Pants Tools
- The Art of Writing the Author Bio
- Paradox Meets Passion: Writer vs. Author
- The Slam-Bam Reply: Now in Two Painful Varieties; Creative Noodling
and so much more!
Praise for From Promising to Published
“I wish I had all these nuggets of information in one place when I started my writing career. I can’t recommend this book highly enough.” ~Yong Takahashi, author of Rising
“No part of this process needs to be intimidating with Melanie Faith to the rescue! Let her guide you, take away your doubts or trepidation, show you that a successful writing life is possible.” ~Dineen Picerno, Professor of English, Southern New Hampshire University
“A must for both the fledgling writer eager to get that first acceptance letter and the veteran writer who just won a notable prize. It’s one of those craft books you’ll want to revisit again and again.” ~Christine Tierney, author of chicken+lowercase=fleur
★★★★★ “It is all here! Faith’s insider’s look will have you leap-frogging knowledgeably toward the finish line.” ~Robbin Farr, author and founding co-editor of River Heron Review
About Melanie Faith
Melanie Faith’s writing has been nominated for three Pushcart Prizes. She likes to wear many professional hats, including as a professor, poet, editor, prose writer, tutor, and photographer. She holds an MFA from Queens University of Charlotte. She has a typewriter that she definitely should use more often.
For more information, visit Melanie's website.