For Authors and Publishers
LitNuts is committed to bringing booklovers the best of independent publishing. We’re glad you’re here – and so are our subscribers.
Book Promotion is Easy with LitNuts
For $25, your book will be featured on our website and in the LitNuts eNewsletter.
To schedule a book promotion, you will need just three things:
- An image of your book cover in jpg, png or gif format (not a pdf) that you can upload via our order form.
- A brief description of your book. The maximum length is 500 characters (about 100 words). If you give us more than that, the description will be truncated, so make sure it's not too long!
- Links to your website and/or e-retailers so readers can buy your book.
That's it! Our online order form will walk you through the process. (If you need to pause or step away while scheduling your book promotion for any reason, don't worry. We'll send you a courtesy e-mail that will allow you to pick up where you left off.)
IMPORTANT: We have promised variety to our subscribers, so if we have featured your book in LitNuts already, please wait at least six months before asking us to feature it again. Thank you.
Schedule Your Book Promotion: Select Your Book’s Genre
- Literary Fiction / Creative Nonfiction, including memoirs and collections of short stories, essays or poetry
- General Nonfiction, including history, science, business, cookbooks, self-help, how-to and more
- Romance, including contemporary, historical and paranormal romance
- Science Fiction / Fantasy
- Mystery / Thriller / Crime / Horror
- Children / Young Adult
Each subscriber's newsletter is customized using RSS feeds from our website to include books that align with that subscriber's reading preferences. Here's a sample of our eNewsletter.
Who Can Promote Books with LitNuts
- Authors and publishers of indie books. Any book published by an independent, university, small or micro press is eligible for inclusion. We want you to be the stars of our newsletter!
- We do not solicit or accept advertising from the Big Five publishers or their imprints. However, we are supportive of authors who want to promote their own work, so if we have space, we will accept a book promotion from the author of any professionally published book.
- We will also consider book promotions for self-published books on a space-available basis, and provided the book meets our requirements for self-published books.
Pricing Your Book
Many other e-newsletters focus solely on bargain books - more specifically, on bargain e-books. Some require that the e-book edition be on sale for $2.99 or less. In fact, some require that the e-book be offered at the lowest price in its history! We are more flexible - on both price and format.
First of all, we are striving to be agnostic as to format. We want to help you promote your book, whether it's a print edition, e-book, audio book, etc.
That said, when we feature your book, we will lead with the lowest price, which is usually the price of the e-book edition. So if you promote your book with us and the print edition is $12.99, the e-book is $4.99 and the audio book is $14.99, we will list the price of your book as "From $4.99."
Finally, unlike many other e-newsletters, we do not require that your book be on sale. We strongly encourage you to give our subscribers a deal (everybody likes a deal!), but ultimately, pricing is up to you. In the best of all worlds, our subscribers will get a good deal on a great book, and you will get more sales, more reader reviews and more word-of-mouth, which is exactly what you want!
Why Promote Your Book with LitNuts
- Booklovers who want to hear from indie presses: We built our subscriber database from scratch to include readers who want more information about indie books. They also shared their preferred genres, so we’re able to deliver custom content that aligns to their interests.
- Straightforward pricing and flexible options: Our ads are $25. Simple. No tiered pricing based on book genre or convoluted advertising offers to analyze. At the same time, we give you flexibility… to promote your book regardless of format (print, e-book, audio)...to promote short story, essay and poetry collections (many other newsletters don’t)…to link to your author or publisher website so booklovers can purchase directly from you (some newsletters will link only to Amazon)…and to set the price of your e-book according to your needs (see “Pricing Your Book,” above).
- Our commitment: LitNuts is committed to bringing booklovers the best of independent, university, small and micro presses. We understand the challenge of getting your books in front of readers. LitNuts founders Mike O’Mary and Kathleen Meyer handled publishing and marketing for a small press for more than 10 years. During that time, e-newsletters were a key component of our marketing strategy. We learned which ones work and which ones don’t. We also learned that many newsletters are too expensive, their pricing structures too convoluted, their terms too inflexible, and – worst of all – many don’t even generate enough sales to cover the cost of your ad. Our solution: An affordable vehicle that focuses on indie books and has engaged subscribers. Our goal: Generate enough sales to more than cover the cost of your book promotion. In the process, we hope to help you increase your book’s sales rank with online retailers, generate more reader reviews and create positive word-of-mouth.
1. We are currently sending newsletters to subscribers on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. We will eventually switch to daily emails. The calendar on the order form will show you which days are currently available to feature your book.
2. On the day of your book promotion, you are responsible for making sure the price of your book at online retailers matches the price in LitNuts book promotion. If not, we may need to modify or cancel the promotion.
3. We do not promote erotica, pornography or books that may be considered offensive to any race, gender, religion, etc.
4. We reserve the right to refuse a book for any reason.