LitNuts is committed to bringing booklovers the best of independent publishing. We’re glad you’re here – and so are our subscribers.
Book Promotion is Easy with LitNuts
Special Father's Day Edition: LitNuts will publish a special Father's Day edition on June 20 this year. The focus will be books that would make great gifts for fathers, or great books for fathers to enjoy with their children.
You can have your book featured for only $5 by following these steps:
- Select the appropriate genre for your book.
- Select June 20 as the date for your promotion.
- Use discount code FD5 at checkout.
The deadline for submission is 11:59 p.m. Central Time on 6/18/21, so schedule your promotion today!
Regular Book Promotions: For $20, your book will be featured on our website and in the LitNuts eNewsletter.
To schedule a book promotion, you will need just three things:
- An image of your book cover in jpg, png or gif format (not a pdf).
- A brief description of your book. To get the most of out your description, please read: Book Descriptions that "Click."
- Links to your website and e-retailers so readers can buy your book.
IMPORTANT: We have promised variety to our subscribers, so if we have featured a book in LitNuts already, please wait at least six months before asking us to feature it again.
Schedule Your Book Promotion: Select Your Book’s Genre
- Literary Fiction / Creative Nonfiction, including memoirs, short stories, essays and poetry
- General Nonfiction, including history, science, business, cookbooks, self-help, how-to and more
- Romance, including contemporary, historical and paranormal romance
- Science Fiction / Fantasy
- Mystery / Thriller / Crime / Horror
- Children / Young Adult
Each subscriber's newsletter is customized to include books that align with their genre preferences. Here's a sample of our eNewsletter.
Who Can Promote Books with LitNuts
- Authors and publishers of any book published by an independent, university, small or micro press. We want you to be the stars of our newsletter!
- Authors who have put in the time, money and hard work to publish a quality book on their own. Please see Author-Published Books.
- We do not solicit or accept book promotions from the Big Five publishers or their ~250 imprints. However, we are supportive of authors who want to promote their own work, so we accept book promotions from the author of any professionally published book.
- Any format: print, e-book, audio, etc. 60% of the books we feature are available in multiple formats, 20% in print only, 20% in e-book only.
Pricing Your Book
Many other e-newsletters focus solely on bargain books. Some require that the e-book edition be on sale for $2.99 or less. We are more flexible.
LitNuts does not require that your book be on sale. We recommend pricing aggressively ($4.99 or less for the e-book edition, for example), but pricing is entirely up to you.
Why Promote Your Book with LitNuts
- Booklovers who want to hear from indie presses: We built our subscriber database from scratch to include readers who want more information about indie books. They also shared their preferred genres, so we’re able to deliver custom content that aligns to their interests.
- Straightforward pricing and flexible options: It costs $20 to do a book promotion with LitNuts. Simple. No tiered pricing based on book genre or convoluted advertising offers to analyze. At the same time, we give you flexibility...to promote short story, essay and poetry collections (many other newsletters don’t)…to link to your author or publisher website so booklovers can purchase directly from you (some newsletters will link only to Amazon)...to promote your book regardless of format (print, e-book, audio)...and to set the price of your e-book according to your needs (see “Pricing Your Book,” above).
- Our commitment: LitNuts is committed to bringing booklovers the best of independent, university, small and micro presses. We understand the challenge of getting your books in front of readers. LitNuts founders Mike O’Mary and Kathleen Meyer handled publishing and marketing for a small press for more than 10 years. During that time, e-newsletters were a key component of our marketing strategy. We learned which ones work and which ones don’t. We also learned that many newsletters are too expensive, their pricing structures too convoluted, their terms too inflexible, and – worst of all – many don’t even generate enough sales to cover the cost of your ad. Our solution: An affordable vehicle that focuses on indie books and has engaged subscribers. Our goal: Generate enough sales to more than cover the cost of your book promotion. In the process, we hope to help you increase your book’s sales rank with online retailers, generate more reader reviews and create positive word-of-mouth.