For Authors and Publishers
LitNuts is committed to bringing booklovers the best of independent, university, small and micro presses. We’re glad you’re here – and so are our subscribers.
Book Promotion is Easy with LitNuts
Important: During our "launch," we will be sending newsletters to subscribers on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. We will eventually switch to daily emails. The calendar on the order form will show you which days are available to feature your book.
To be featured in LitNuts, all we need is an image of your book cover, a brief description of the book, and links to your website and/or e-retailers so readers can buy your book. That's it! Our online order form will walk you through the process.
For $25, your book will be featured on our website and in the LitNuts eNewsletter, read by people who subscribe because they are interested in indie books. Each subscriber's newsletter is customized using RSS feeds from our website to include books that align with that subscriber's reading preferences. Here's a sample of our eNewsletter.
Schedule Your Book Promotion: Select Your Book’s Genre
- Literary Fiction / Creative Nonfiction, including memoirs and collections of short stories, essays or poetry
- General Nonfiction, including history, science, business, cookbooks, self-help, how-to and more
- Romance, including contemporary, historical and paranormal romance
- Science Fiction / Fantasy
- Mystery / Thriller / Crime / Horror
- Children / Young Adult
1. We would prefer not to feature the same book more than one time every six months.
2. On the day of your book promotion, you are responsible for making sure the price of your e-book at online retailers matches the price in your ad. If not, we may remove some links from your ad or cancel the ad.
3. We do not promote erotica, pornography or books that may be considered offensive to any race, gender, religion, etc.
4. We reserve the right to refuse a book for any reason.
Who Can Promote Books with LitNuts
- Authors and publishers of indie books. Any book published by an independent, university, small or micro press is eligible for inclusion. We want you to be the stars of our newsletter!
- We do not solicit or accept advertising from the Big Five publishers or their imprints. However, we are supportive of authors who want to promote their own work, so if we have space, we will accept a book promotion from the author of any professionally published book.
- We will also consider book promotions for self-published books on a space-available basis, and provided the book meets our requirements for self-published books.
Pricing Your E-book
Some e-newsletters require that your e-book be on sale. Some require that it be on sale for $2.99 or less. In fact, some require that your e-book be offered at the lowest price in its history! We are more flexible.
We do not require that your e-book be on sale. But we strongly encourage you to price your e-book at $9.99 or less ($4.99 or less, if possible). Our readers love indie books. They also love deals. In the best of all worlds, they get a good deal on a great book, and you get more sales, more reader reviews and more word-of-mouth, which is exactly what you want!
Why Promote Your Book with LitNuts
- Booklovers who want to hear from indie presses: We built our subscriber database from scratch to include readers who want more information about indie books. They also shared their preferred genres, so we’re able to deliver custom content that aligns to their interests.
- Straightforward pricing and flexible options: Our ads are $25. Simple. No tiered pricing based on book genre or convoluted advertising offers to analyze. At the same time, we give you flexibility… to promote short story, essay and poetry collections (many other newsletters don’t)…to link to your author or publisher website so booklovers can purchase directly from you (some newsletters will link only to Amazon)…and to set the price of your e-book according to your needs (see “Pricing Your E-book,” above).
- Our commitment: LitNuts is committed to bringing booklovers the best of independent, university, small and micro presses. We understand the challenge of getting your books in front of readers. LitNuts founders Mike O’Mary and Kathleen Meyer handled publishing and marketing for a small press for more than 10 years. During that time, e-newsletters were a key component of our marketing strategy. We learned which ones work and which ones don’t. We also learned that many newsletters are too expensive, their pricing structures too convoluted, their terms too inflexible, and – worst of all – many don’t even generate enough sales to cover the cost of your ad. Our solution: An affordable advertising vehicle that focuses on indie books and has engaged subscribers. Our goal: Generate enough sales to more than cover the cost of your ad. In the process, we hope to help you increase your book’s sales rank with online retailers, generate more reader reviews and create positive word-of-mouth.