Today we are shining a spotlight on The Amazing Bees, a book that puts an adorable face on the small creatures that make life on earth possible while also teaching the importance of protecting the ecosystem.
Includes 29 full-color illustrations, 12 bonus coloring pages, and 128 pages of rollicking action designed to provide hours of fun for both kids and adults.
Ebook: $1.99 (Free via Kindle Unlimited)
Follow the exciting adventure of Princess Debbee, a honeybee who sets out to save her hive from destruction by thoughtless humans. This engaging story teaches children how their actions impact the environment and provides a powerful female role model to look up to.
With gorgeous full-color illustrations and 12 coloring pages, your kids will fall in love with Debbee and her adorable crew as you read and re-read her story together.
A book that entertains, educates, and empowers
- Entertains...with a story, illustrations, and coloring pages that were designed to provide hours of fun and entertainment for kids and adults.
- Educates...learn about how bees make life on earth possible and about the importance of protecting the ecosystem.
- Empowers...follow Princess Debbee, a strong female role model who inspires kids to take action to do what's right—for themselves and for the planet.
"The Amazing Bees embraces bigger-picture detail and thinking, providing more content and depth than most other children's books on the subject of bees." ~Midwest Book Review
"From the emotive expressions on the faces of the characters to the stylish shoes Princess Debbee wears throughout the story, kids will be able to wholeheartedly get behind such a relatable and charming story. Effective at raising awareness and engendering a sense of respect for the ecosystem." ~Indies Today
"This is not just an education about bees—it's a fun, action-packed fairytale young readers are sure to enjoy." ~Children's Book Review
"Original, engaging, beautifully illustrated, and professionally edited." ~Onlinebookclub.org
"A brilliant story for the family to enjoy and learn from at home." ~Lovereading.co.uk
"Astute and endearing...Compulsively readable. This winning story about courage, resilience, solidarity, and friendship is as entertaining as it is thoughtful. Highly recommended as an early chapter book, this work will encourage readers to reflect on how their actions impact the environment." ~The Prairies Book Review
More Ways to Make Learning Fun
The Amazing Bees book takes your family on an incredible adventure with Princess Debbee. This is the story of one little bee's journey to save her community, and it's sure to inspire your kids to do their part to help the environment and become leaders in their own communities. Here's how to harness that energy to keep the learning going.
- The Amazing Bees is meant to be read aloud! Snuggle up together in a special spot to share the adventure.
- Try out different voices to bring the characters to life. With older children, you can take turns playing different parts as you read aloud.
- Encourage your child to act out scenes from the book. A few simple costumes and props will enhance the experience and encourage imaginative play.
- The Amazing Bees is also an interactive stage show. Be on the lookout for a live performance in your area, or talk to your neighborhood's social director or community events organizer about bringing The Amazing Bees to your community: TheAmazingBees.com/Bookings
- Turn your next outdoor walk into a nature walk by noticing all the insects and flowers you come across. Older children may wish to keep a nature journal to keep track of the different animals and plants they see.
- Learn more about honeybees and other pollinators together. You can try your local library for age-appropriate books, or check out kid-friendly articles on educational websites.
- Talk to your child's teachers about your family's new interest in bees. Ask if they have any additional materials or lessons about this important topic to share with your child's class.
- Plant some flowers that provide pollen and nectar for bees and other pollinators in your area. Even a few pots on the patio can make a big difference!
- Scan your home for harmful chemicals and insecticides—and get rid of them! As you do so, talk to your children about making choices that tread lightly on the earth.
- Help your child organize a lemonade stand fundraiser to donate money to an environmental cause—or to adopt a local beehive.