Today, LitNuts is shining a spotlight on The Last Lumenian by S.G. Blaise, a science fiction action adventure that has won multiple awards (including the Grand Prize in the prestigious CIBA 2022 CYGNUS Awards for Science Fiction) and has an average rating of 4.3 stars on 4,300+ ratings on Goodreads!
Read on to learn more about The Last Lumenian...
- Book 1 in The Last Lumenian series
- Genres: Science Fiction Adventures, Science Fiction Romance, Romantic Fantasy, Galactic Empire Science Fiction, Space Opera Science Fiction
- 4.3 stars, 4300+ ratings on Goodreads
- Print: From $11.99
- Audiobook: From $14.95
- Ebook: From $0.99 (Free via Kindle Unlimited)
Most princesses need saving. This one will save you.
She is a rebel. Lilla is fighting for the refugees's freedom from oppression. The king, her father, lost touch with reality ever since Lilla's mother died. Now everyone else is paying the price.
Lilla's life is not what she imagined it to be. Not by far. Meddling gods, love interests, and sudden magical abilities have no room in Lilla's world, but that has become her new reality. No matter how hard she pushes them away, it's too late. They all seek to control her anyway.
The arrival of Callum, a powerful Teryn general, further complicates Lilla's life. His presence leads to conflicted feelings and friction with Arrov, a handsome pilot and fellow rebel.
Now the Era War between two ruling archgods forces Lilla to act: accept who she really is. magic and all; find true love; and fulfill her destiny by defeating the Archgod of Chaos and Destruction before He finds her: The Last Lumenian.
Reviews & Awards
- "A terrifically entertaining, complex, and original fantasy." ~Kirkus Review
- "A fantastic escape from reality which is beautifully easy to fall into but very hard to let go of at the close." ~K.C. Finn, Readers' Favorite
- "Bursting with deeply thought-out worldbuilding, tension, and a wide cast of characters with a blend of science fiction and fantasy." ~US Review of Books
- "An intriguing and entertaining story that's sci-fi and fantasy with a sliver of romance trickling through it." ~Manhattan Book Review
- "A lovely and thoughtful fantasy story, with magic, danger and adventure, plus a little dash of romance." ~The Bookish Elf
- "A fast-moving science fiction fantasy, which is suitable for young teens as well as adults, that offers a valuable perspective on political repression and economic inequity." ~Indie Reader
- Grand Prize Winner for the CIBA 2022 CYGNUS Award for Science Fiction
- 2021 Independent Press Award Distinguished Favorite: Fantasy
- 2020 New York Book Festival Winner: Romance & Honorable Mention: Science Fiction
- 2020 San Francisco Book Festival Winner: Science Fiction
- 2020 New England Book Festival Winner: Science Fiction
About the Author
S.G. Blaise was born in a faraway land of castles, monarchies, and fallen dictatorships (aka, Hungary). Hollywood movies were forbidden under Soviet oppression during her childshood, but her dad smuggled them in anyway, risking his life so that his children could experience the magic and hope inherent in those stories.
She watched rebellions unfold in real time. Journeyed across the Atlantic Ocean for love.
She ended up in sunny California, where she is living her dream—writing stories and annoying family members.
Visit SGBlaise.com to learn more and to sign up for her newsletter. Be sure to also follow her online: