LitNuts is shining a spotlight on the Teen Sur-Thrival Series, two books from author Derek T. Freeman to help teens build confidence and navigate high school.
Special offer: For a limited time, the e-book edition of 88 Life-Changing High School Hacks (Book 2 in the series) is FREE!
Help your teen achieve everything they want in life.
4.8 stars, 162 ratings
From $9.99 (free via Kindle Unlimited)
Labels and comparisons stop you from being your real self. You try to live up to an ideal...to be like the teen you think is smarter, better-looking, or more popular than you. And when you do that—when you try to be something you're not—you're living under false pretenses.
This is when the domino effect kicks in: you start to live in fear that someone may find out who you really are. It wrecks your self-esteem, personal power, and any belief that you deserve more. That's a lonely place to be and no way to live your life. But it doesn't have to be that way.
Whether you're a nerd or a jock, an overachiever or an underachiever, a loner or an outcast—that is not your entire identity. It's just one tiny part of the vast YOU.
The good news is that you already have the key to unlocking your real personality and fearlessly creating your authentic life; you just need a little help to get started. With Building Unstoppable Self-Confidence for Teens: The Fail-Safe Formula for Finding Yourself, Overcoming Limitations and Creating Your Best Life from the Inside Out, you can uncover the whole, wonderful person within and create an incredible life on your own terms.
Here are a few of the things that you will discover inside:
- 5 simple steps to find your uniqueness and embrace the amazing personality you didn't know you had
- How to get rid of the negative beliefs about yourself and get your self-confidence back
- 4 things you can do to escape the comparative trap and live from your authentic self
- 6 effective ways to stop bullies in their tracks
- The "1 in 60" rule that will change the way you think about failure
- How to stop being a victim of body shaming and love who you are
- And much more.
This isn't just another workbook; this is your toolkit for confronting anxiety and self-doubt—and your formula to rise triumphantly from it. Discover how to be truly self-confident and boldly bring your inherent magic to the light.
Praise for Building Unstoppable Self-Confidence for Teens
- "A candid, conversational guide to navigating adolescence that comes from a place of hard-won wisdom and deep compassion." ~John B. Valeri, author, book critic & host of the web series Central Booking
- "A warm, supportive pep-talk from a coach/friend/big brother/uncle/dad for both guys and gals—and their parents." ~Leslie A. Lindsay, creator & host of the award-winning author interview series Always with a Book
You can master adulthood before you get there or wait for it to master you. Which will you choose?
We all love a good hack—that one piece of advice that cuts straight to the heart of a problem and shows you how to handle it with ease. But don't let the title of this book fool you—reducing this wisdom to mere "hacks" would be a massive disservice.
You're about to uncover a treasure trove of insight: 88 of the best tips, tricks, and techniques to launch you from teendom to adulthood with resounding success. And don't worry, you won't lose yourself along the way. You won't have to trade your joy, curiosity, or spark. You won't have to become "boring"—or bored. You'll simply be one step ahead of the game.
Inside this unique resource, you'll discover:
- 88 game-changing life hacks, numbered and arranged by category so you can come back to them time and time again
- How to save time and energy at school while taking control of your environment
- The secret to building and maintaining good relationships
- Multiple ways to improve your memory (even while you sleep)
- Essential financial literacy skills you'll never learn in school
- Mind hacks that will set the stage for a lifetime of growth and self-realization
- Everything you didn't know you needed to know about cars and driving
- Timeless principles to take forward into the working world
- And much more.
One day you're in high school, and the next, you're navigating the adult world without a map. This book is full of information that you will need in order to ace the game of life.
Praise for 88 Life-Changing High School Hacks
- "Freeman has taken the crucial things to know and put them into bite-sized pieces. The sooner you get this book in your teens' hands, the better." ~Cynthia Coufal, podcast host & teen life coach at "Better Regulate Than Never"
- "Engaging, funny, and addresses many issues teens and young adults may face... Keeps you thinking long after the read." ~Samantha, life coach & content creator of the YouTube channel "Stop Look and Listen with Samantha"
About the Author
Derek T. Freeman aims to inspire tweens, teens, parents, and families by providing motivational content and guiding them through the years that are often seen as the most challenging parts of both parenting and growing up.
As a young teenager, Derek struggled with self-esteem, bullying, and fitting in. Moving schools at the age of 13 threw him into a period of isolation and victimization, which knocked his confidence and made his adolescence very difficult. Although his experiences didn’t affect his success or happiness as he grew up, as his children have gotten older, he’s realized the importance of empowering young people and their families to navigate all sorts of challenges. He is determined to make the turbulent waters of adolescence easier to navigate for other young people.
Derek is a musician by trade and toured the United States after graduating high school, releasing six albums before the birth of his first child. He then moved into the restaurant business, managing a small team for more than a decade. Derek was born and raised in New York and currently lives in Connecticut with his wife, three children, and two cats. Learn more at Derek's Amazon Author Page.