Today, LitNuts is shining a spotlight on The Unbelievables series from K.C. Tansley, a set of award-winning and critically acclaimed YA time-travel murder mystery novels that will appeal to young adult and adult readers alike.
"K.C. Tansley’s magical ghostly adventures take the reader on one exciting ride after another. Her characters will touch your heart, and their stories will stir your soul." ~Paige Shelton, New York Times bestselling author of The Farmers’ Market Mystery Series and the YA novel Clockwork
4.4 stars, 462 ratings
Ebook: $0.99 (Free via Kindle Unlimited)
She tried to ignore them. But some things won’t be ignored.
Kat Preston doesn’t believe in ghosts. Refusing to believe is the only way to protect herself from the ghost that tried to steal her life. Kat’s disbelief keeps her safe until her junior year at McTernan Academy, when a research project for an eccentric teacher takes her to a tiny, private island off the coast of Connecticut.
The site of a grisly mystery, the Isle of Acacia is no place for a girl who ignores ghosts. Accompanied by her research partner, Evan Kingsley, Kat investigates the disappearance of the bride and groom on their wedding night in 1886. Evan’s scientific approach to everything leaves Kat on her own to confront ancestral curses, powerful spells, and her strange connection to the ghosts that haunt Castle Creighton.
Everything changes when Kat and Evan travel through a magic portal and awaken in 1886 with their souls trapped inside the bodies of two wedding guests. Together, Kat and Evan race to stop the wedding-night murders and find a way back to their own time—and their own bodies—before their souls slip away forever.
The Girl Who Ignored Ghosts combines time-traveling, paranormal, and gothic mystery genres to weave a tale full of ancestral curses, powerful spells, strange connections, and inherited surprises. The novel is sure to delight fans of K.M. Shea's Magiford Supernatural City books and Joanna Reeder's In Her Dreams trilogy.
Praise for The Girl Who Ignored Ghosts
- "The novel's murder mystery is intriguing and grows more complex as its supernatural elements are unveiled." ~Kirkus Reviews
- "A neat spin on conventional ghost story motifs." ~Publishers Weekly
- "A compelling, magic-tinged mystery that spans generations." ~Chris F. Holm, author of the Collector Trilogy
- "A fascinating blend of mystery, romance, time travel, and ghosts." ~Page Morgan, The Beautiful & The Cursed
- "A sublime, engaging YA paranormal story." ~Readers' Favorite
- 2017 EPIC’s Ebook Award Finalist
- 2016 Moonbeam Children’s Book Awards Gold Winner
- 2016 Killer Nashville Silver Falchion Judges’ Choice Awards Winner
- 2016 National Indie Excellence Awards Finalist
- 2016 International Book Awards Finalist
- 2015 Readers’ Favorite International Book Awards Finalist
4.8 stars, 67 ratings
Ebook: $2.99 (Free via Kindle Unlimited)
She tried to ignore them. Now she might risk everything to save them.
After a summer spent in a haunted castle, Kat is looking forward to a totally normal senior year at McTernan Academy. Then the ghost of a little girl appears, and it soon becomes clear that an evil force wants Kat dead.
Searching for help, Kat leaves school for the ancestral home, accompanied by her friend, Evan. With the assistance of Kat's eccentric great aunts and a loyal family ghost, Kat soon learns that she and Evan can only fix the present by traveling into the past.
As Kat and Evan make their way through nineteenth-century Vienna, the Dark One stalks them, and Kat must decide what she’s willing to sacrifice to save a ghost.
Praise for The Girl Who Saved Ghosts
- "A sweeping blend of action and thought-provoking insights that crosses genres between a mystery, a supernatural thriller, and a timeslip saga." ~Midwest Book Review
- "An entertaining read that will appeal to young adults and adults who enjoy a fast-paced supernatural tale." ~Foreword Clarion Reviews
- "Tansley gives the reader a lot to think about in this decidedly different and very readable fantasy novel." ~Readers' Favorite
- "Maintains the intrigue and complexity of the first as it further develops the ancient ties among the four families." ~Kirkus Reviews
- "A memorable supernatural tale of lies, murder, and flirt-worthy romance." ~K.R. Conway, author of The Undertow series
- 2017 Moonbeam Children’s Book Awards Gold Medal Winner in YA Mystery/Horror
4.6 stars, 34 ratings
Ebook: $3.99 (Free via Kindle Unlimited)
She’d do anything to save her friends and family. But will that mean sacrificing the ghosts she’s grown to love?
Kat is trying to settle back into her senior year at McTernan Academy. Meanwhile, Evan struggles with his coursework, a flirty new housemate, and his daunting responsibilities as the Kingsley heir and new owner of Ravenhurst manor. But Evan knows it’s only a matter of time before he and Kat have to travel into the past again.
An attack by a mysterious entity on campus proves that the only place they’ll both be safe is Dumbarton, the ancestral home of the Langley family...and Kat is in mortal danger every minute they wait to retrieve the last amulet they need to defeat the Dark One.
As her normal life slips further away, Kat must face the terrible cost that comes with time travel. Completing her quest in the present requires changing the past. She knows that the results of her actions can be disastrous—because the ghosts of her ancestors tell her of their tragic fates. A trip to eighteenth-century Connecticut might change everything as Kat tries to protect everyone she loves, but risks destroying every relationship that matters to her.
Praise for The Girl Who Loved Ghosts
- "A spellbinding tale with family curse, a vanished amulet, time travel, an evil entity, a missing heir, and valiant witches." ~Kris Anderson, The Avid Reader, Vine Voice Top 500 Reviewer
- "Tansley's writing is vivid and immersive, drawing readers into a world where the past and present intertwine...a captivating blend of mystery, romance, and the supernatural, making it a must-read for fans of young adult paranormal fiction." ~Readers’ Favorite
About the Author
K.C. Tansley lives on a hill somewhere in Connecticut with her guardian Shih tzus, Bentley and Akira, who alert her to every squirrel and delivery person who dares to enter their domain. She tends to believe in the unbelievables—spells, ghosts, time travel—and writes about them. As Kourtney Heintz, she also writes award winning cross-genre fiction for adults. Learn more at KourtneyHeintz.com where you can also sign up for her newsletter and receive two unpublished short stories and the inside scoop on new releases, sale days, free book deals, giveaways, and behind-the-scenes info. Be sure to also follow her online: